Seasons greetings standing-desk users.
We at DIYstandingDESKkit.com feel that you deserve a little gift to get 2014 started out right. That’s why we are bringing you FREE instructions and plans for building your own DIY standing desk without our kit.
That’s right, NO purchase necessary! You can build the desk you see in our photos without sending us a dime.
As always if you don’t consider yourself the carpenter or engineer, you can purchase the kit at our holiday special price of just $79 instead of the regular $89.
Here’s what you need:
- 4 feet or so of 1×3 oak shelving board (in the U.S. it’s called “1 by 3”, but actual measurements are about ¾” by about 2.5”.
- 1 – 6mm drill bit
- 1 – 15mm drill bit
- A piece of sand paper
- A fairly powerful drill, drill press recommended.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Veiw the top view plans here and the side view here.
- Cut the 1×3 board into 22” lengths (a little longer is okay)
- Drill the 15mm holes according to the plan through the sides of the boards. Important that these line up from board to board as this will affect the level of your desk. Here is where the drill press comes in handy.
- Drill the 6mm holes in the long end of the boards (see plans)
- Lightly sand the boards to remove rough edges
- Follow the DIYstandingDESKkit instructions here.
- Email us a pic of your new standing desk and tell us how much you love it.
- You can support the DIY Standing Desk Team by donating through PayPal – We very much appreciate it and will use our funds to develop new DIY ideas!